On behalf of the SPDK community I’m pleased to announce the release of SPDK 20.04!
This release contains the following new features:
- SPDK Top: Added application to allow users to monitor resource consumption by a running SPDK application.
- NVMe qpair groups: Added API to allow for pooling of NVMe qpairs across a single entity.
- OCF: Added support for OCF v20.03.
- Crypto bdev: Added support for AES_XTS for the QAT polled mode driver.
- IDXD: Added support for IDXD as an accel plug-in module allowing for use with the generic accel framework API. This feature is considered experimental.
Note: Legacy INI style configuration for SPDK applications has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Please switch to JSON-RPC configuration files and/or RPC driven run-time configuration.
The full changelog for this release is available here.
This release contains 989 commits from 43 authors with over 61k lines of code changed.
We’d especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:
- Allen Zhu
- Charles Machalow
- Maciej Szczepaniak
- Michał Berger
- Sudheer Mogilappagari
- Sylvain Didelot
- Xiaohui Zhu
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!