SPDK v20.10: NVMe-oF multipath, NVMe ZNS, iSCSI login redirection
On behalf of the SPDK community I’m pleased to announce the release of SPDK 20.10!
This release contains the following new features:
- NVMe-oF Multipath: The NVMe-oF target now supports Asymmetric Namespace Access (ANA) reporting to provide multipath to NVMe-oF initiator.
- NVMe ZNS: Zoned Namespace Command Set support has been added to NVMe driver. See nvme_zns.h for details.
- iSCSI Login Redirection: The iSCSI target supports iSCSI login redirection feature to achieve fault tolerance and load balancing particularly in scale out iSCSI target system.
- Interrupt mode: Added support for interrupt mode. It allows modules or libraries to selectively register file descriptors that the spdk_thread can wait on. This feature is considered experimental and enabled in a very small subset of SPDK libraries and modules.
- Scheduler and governor: Added thread scheduler and CPU frequency governor frameworks used to rebalance load among CPU cores. This feature is considered experimental.
- Legacy configuration removed: SPDK applications and bdev modules no longer support legacy INI style configuration. Only JSON-RPC configuration is supported, see JSON-RPC for details.
The full changelog for this release is available here.
This release contains 805 commits from 43 authors with over 47k lines of code changed.
We’d especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:
- Jimbo Lu
- Krzysztof Karas
- Niklas Cassel
- Pawel Piatek
- Rafal Stefanowski
- Vasuki Manikarnike
- Wang Shilong
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!